Choosing the ideal digitization solution for one's needs is the key for companies to create new opportunities and improvements, avoiding IoT project fail.
An IIoT platform is a significant investment and not a decision to be taken lightly.
When evaluating a platform, it is crucial to define its functionalities to meet current and long-term needs.
It's necessary to define a clear strategy because the risk of an IoT project fail, due to the complexities that will arise during its development, can be high.
IoT project fail, the facts are that!
According to recent research by Beecham Research, unfinished IoT projects account for three-quarters of the total. In the cases analyzed, , there are three reasons for IoT project fail:
- The primary cause of failure is the lack of clear and defined business goals;
- One of the most frequent causes, it's the cost. It costs too much and ends up quitting using it. In addition, an unclear business strategy with an unstated ROI value will make it hard to demonstrate the benefits that this technology can bring to the company;
- Then there are limits related to difficulties implementing the Internet of Things technology in the production processes, due to the large number of platforms to test, and the long time required for experimentation.
Finished analyzing the primary causes IoT project fail, it is appropriate to highlight the benefits.
Thanks to the Industrial Internet of Things, companies have one more opportunity to grow their competitiveness and sales.
How to choose the right IoT platform for avoiding IoT project fail?
Several factors determine the feasibility of IoT technology within a company. There are several challenges to ensuring simplicity and scalability of their platform to make their use as practical as possible.
According to Forrester, the industry's leading analyst, the key is to get back to being concrete and pragmatic for the Digital Transformation solution that suits your business.As with everything, it is necessary to think big but start with small steps and then accelerate your moves based on a clear vision without getting lost in implementation.
- One of the parameters is flexibility. How many protocols are supported? How many devices are installed, and which ones will be added? In addition, one must not underestimate the complexity of managing it all, which could raise the TCO, Total Cost of Ownership, of applications.
- Let's not forget cyber-security: an essential element in industrial environments when choosing our solution, which we will discuss in a future article.
In conclusione, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for pursuing digitization. A reference model, where every company can find the right solution for its needs, is the secret to success.
The secret is to rely on a serious and a market-recognized partner with several use cases under its belt, such as Alleantia, which makes the digital transformation of any industrial reality possible through the most scalable, easy, and powerful Industry 4.0 solution.
Thanks to Alleantia technology, all data from all types of devices can be processed to monitor the operating status of each machine in real-time.
Download Alleantia ISC Software FREE version (here) and discover how data, from each device and industrial machine, can be easily transferred to the cloud and enterprise applications.
Listen to the article in podcast format
Follow Alleantia Podcast also on: